New West Dentistry & Implant Centre

Inlays and Onlays New Westminster

Dental Services

Inlays and Onlays in New Westminster

Inlays and onlays are similar to dental fillings in that they are used to replace the damaged portion of the tooth. However, dental fillings created by your dentist are made from a soft composite material that is cured in the mouth. Inlays and onlays are made from porcelain and fabricated in the dental lab.

When Do I Need an Inlay or Onlay?

Fillings are used to fill small cavities in the teeth, while inlays and onlays are used when a greater portion of the tooth is damaged. When the damage occurs between two cusps of the tooth, an inlay is used; if a single cusp is affected, an onlay is used instead.

Do I Need an Onlay Or a Crown?

When the damage or decay has affected a large portion of the tooth, a crown will be used to restore the tooth. An onlay is only used when repairing minor damage to the teeth.

Contact Us

"*" indicates required fields

Are you an Existing patient?
What can we help you with?
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

New Patients Welcome

Take Care Of Your Oral Health & Book Your Dental Hygiene Appointment Today